What will I learn?
Let us help you cut through the confusion and quickly arm yourself with the confidence to effectively preserve your entitlements under the contract. We'll also help you know when to seek commercial or legal advice.
Get tips and tricks on:
Gain an understanding of contract fundamentals
The best practice when it comes to managing variations
How to manage time and delays so you stay on top of your schedule
- How a contract is formed
- Offer and acceptance
- Contract types and purpose
- Allocation of risk
- Pre-contractual representations
- Rights and obligations
- The importance of record keeping
- Design responsibility and novation
- Extension of time claims
- Drawing revisions
- Design responsibility and how to
avoid getting into trouble
- Site instructions
- Hiding versus declaring float
- Ongoing delays
- Clients who are slow to respond
- Identifying variations
- Pricing variations
- Authority to direct
- Documenting variations
- Types of variations
- Latent conditions
- Variations by stealth
- Provisional sums
- Time and delay terms
- Baselines and critical path
- Identifying potential delays
- Concurrent delay
- Ownership of float
- Extension of time claims
- Damages and liquidated damages
About your trainer, Robin Millner
Robin learnt project management the hard way. Starting out "in the trenches" as a Project Engineer, then working his way up to Project Director on some of the largest and toughest projects around.
His hands-on experience, in everything from modest projects to major initiatives worth hundreds of millions of dollars, underpins his practical, no-nonsense approach.
As an educator, Robin has a talent for explaining complex subjects in a simple way. This, combined with a Bachelor of Engineering degree and significant industry experience, sets him apart from other trainers.
He has designed content and personally trained over 2,500 project professionals from organisations across Australia, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Robin also holds a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Having worked on both the contractor and client side of the fence, Robin is well placed to provide his students with unique perspectives from both points of view.
- Bachelor of Engineering, graduating with Honours (UNSW)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (AIM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP, PMI)
- Diploma of Project Management (GILD)
- Certified Practicing Project Practitioner (CPPP RegPM, AIPM)
- Practitioner in Programme Management (MSP, Axelos)
- Practitioner in Agile Project Management (AgilePM, APMG)
About Ram Education
Ram Education is a group of construction project management veterans with a passion for helping you get your projects to the finish line on time, without tearing your hair out or blowing your budget.
Since 2002, we've provided project management training to the construction industry in organisations large and small, throughout Australia, and around the world.
Ram Education brings a practical, no-nonsense approach. Our trainers have experience in the real-world of construction projects and are qualified Engineers.