Enrol in Ram Education’s Project Management for Construction: 2 Day Fundamentals course and take the next step up in your career.
An interactive 2-day training course which will demonstrate to everyone that you’ve got what it takes to take charge of new and potentially challenging projects.
Receive industry recognised training
All topics map to the management processes outlined in the Global Standard PMBOK® Guide (Sixth Edition)
Contact hours/PDUs: 15
What will I learn?
Through interactive discussions, construction case studies and a diagram-rich workbook, our experienced trainers with help you learn:
Get tips and tricks on:
How to set your projects up for success
How to plan a construction project
How construction project life cycles work
How to manage the schedule and costs
How to manage risk
How to control construction projects
- Measuring project success
- Defining projects in the context of risk
- Defining the role of the project manager
- Applying the PMBOK® framework
- Juggling constraints and trade-offs
- Optimising productivity
- Delivering a successful project
- Quick-starting a project
- Planning a project
- Improving team performance
- Controlling a project
- Getting projects back-on-track
- Formalising a project charter
- Identifying and analysing stakeholders
- Developing a project organisation structure
- Collecting requirements
- Defining the scope
- Creating the WBS and baselining the scope
- Developing a project lifecycle
- Initiating processes
- Planning processes
- Executing processes
- Monitoring and controlling processes
- Closing processes
- Defining and sequencing activities
- Estimating durations and PERT
- Determining the critical path and float
- Estimating costs accurately
- Baselining the schedule and cost
- Managing variations and EOTs
- Identifying risks
- Prioritising risks
- Quantifying risks
- Developing a contingency budget
- Determining and implementing risk controls
- Monitoring risks continually
- Tracking productivity metrics
- Managing meetings and documents
- Reporting progress
- Gaining acceptance and completion
- Developing a close-out checklist
- Celebrating success!
About your trainer, Robin Millner
Robin learnt project management the hard way. Starting out "in the trenches" as a Project Engineer and then Project Manager on some of the largest and toughest projects around.
His hands-on experience, in everything from modest projects to major initiatives worth hundreds of millions of dollars, underpins his practical, no-nonsense approach.
Having worked on both the contractor and client side of the fence, Robin is well placed to provide you with unique perspectives from both points of view.
In addition to sharing tricks and tips from 25 years of experience, he will help you with those difficult conversations, so you can maintain a positive and respectful relationship with all parties.
As an educator, Robin has personally trained over 2,000 project management professionals across a wide range of organisations within the construction industry.
He holds an Engineering degree from the University of New South Wales and a current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110.
About Ram Education
Ram Education is a group of construction project management veterans with a passion for helping you get your projects to the finish line on time, without tearing your hair out or blowing your margin.
Since 2002, we've provided project management training to the construction industry in organisations large and small, throughout Australia, and around the world.
Ram Education brings a practical, no-nonsense approach. Our trainers have experience in the real-world of construction projects and are qualified Engineers.
Courses for every level of project management
The Ram Education Difference
city of whitehorse
r u ok