Setup projects for success by planning scope, time, cost and risk professionally, show you’ve got the smarts to take on new projects and improve team productivity.
Recommended as an introductory course for those who are involved in lower risk projects.
Receive industry recognised training
All topics map to the management processes outlined in the Global Standard PMBOK® Guide.
Contact hours/PDUs: 16
What will I learn?
Through interactive discussions, construction case studies and a diagram-rich workbook, our experienced trainers with help you learn:
Get tips and tricks on:
How to set your projects up for success
How to plan a construction project
How construction project life cycles work
How to manage the schedule and costs
How to manage risk
How to control construction projects
- Measuring project success
- Defining projects in the context of risk
- Defining the role of the project manager
- Applying the PMBOK® framework
- Juggling constraints and trade-offs
- Optimising productivity
- Delivering a successful project
- Quick-starting a project
- Planning a project
- Improving team performance
- Controlling a project
- Getting projects back-on-track
- Formalising a project charter
- Identifying and analysing stakeholders
- Developing a project organisation structure
- Collecting requirements
- Defining the scope
- Creating the WBS and baselining the scope
- Developing a project lifecycle
- Initiating processes
- Planning processes
- Executing processes
- Monitoring and controlling processes
- Closing processes
- Defining and sequencing activities
- Estimating durations and PERT
- Determining the critical path and float
- Estimating costs accurately
- Baselining the schedule and cost
- Managing variations and EOTs
- Identifying risks
- Prioritising risks
- Quantifying risks
- Developing a contingency budget
- Determining and implementing risk controls
- Monitoring risks continually
- Tracking productivity metrics
- Managing meetings and documents
- Reporting progress
- Gaining acceptance and completion
- Developing a close-out checklist
- Celebrating success!
About your trainer, Robin Millner
Robin learnt project management the hard way. Starting out "in the trenches" as a Project Engineer, then working his way up to Project Director on some of the largest and toughest projects around.
His hands-on experience, in everything from modest projects to major initiatives worth hundreds of millions of dollars, underpins his practical, no-nonsense approach.
As an educator, Robin has a talent for explaining complex subjects in a simple way. This, combined with a Bachelor of Engineering degree and significant industry experience, sets him apart from other trainers.
He has designed content and personally trained over 2,500 project professionals from organisations across Australia, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Robin also holds a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Having worked on both the contractor and client side of the fence, Robin is well placed to provide his students with unique perspectives from both points of view.
- Bachelor of Engineering, graduating with Honours (UNSW)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (AIM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP, PMI)
- Diploma of Project Management (GILD)
- Certified Practicing Project Practitioner (CPPP RegPM, AIPM)
- Practitioner in Programme Management (MSP, Axelos)
- Practitioner in Agile Project Management (AgilePM, APMG)
About Ram Education
Ram Education is a group of construction project management veterans with a passion for helping you get your projects to the finish line on time, without tearing your hair out or blowing your budget.
Since 2002, we've provided project management training to the construction industry in organisations large and small, throughout Australia, and around the world.
Ram Education brings a practical, no-nonsense approach. Our trainers have experience in the real-world of construction projects and are qualified Engineers.